Cadet World Championships Policy
14.2 Cadet (U18) World Championships
August 8-11, 2013, Miami, USA
These selection procedures apply to Cadet (U18) weight categories recognized by the International Judo Federation (IJF).
Over 50 and under 55kg
Over 55 and under 60kg
Over 60 and under 66kg
Over 66 and under 73kg
Over 73 and under 81kg
Over 81kg and under 90kg
Over 40 and under 44kg
Over 44 and under 48kg
Over 48 and under 52kg
Over 52 and under 57kg
Over 57 and under 63kg
Over 63kg and under 70kg
Canadian citizenship is a prerequisite in order to be selected for the 2013 Cadet World Championships.
Cadet (U18) National Championships 2013 (July 5th, 2013, Vancouver, BC)
Prior to the 2013 Cadet National Championships, a Judo Canada Points Ranking List for U18 athletes will be established.
- Athletes who are ranked first in their weight class in the above-mentioned Ranking List (NT Policy 3), and who have achieved a Standard E in that weight class, will be considered pre-selected.
- Pre-selected athletes who win the 2013 Cadet National Championships will be selected for the 2013 Cadet World Championships.
- If a pre-selected athlete is not the winner of the 2013 Cadet National Championship, a two out of three fight off will follow on the same day between the pre-selected athlete and the winner of the Cadet National Championships. The winner of the fight off will be selected for the 2013 Cadet World Championships.
- In all the other cases, the winner of the 2013 Cadet National Championship will be selected for the 2013 Cadet World Championships.
A one match fight off will be organized following the finals between the silver medalist and the bronze (or 2 bronzes) medalist if they did not compete against each other. The winner of the fight off will be the alternate.
Judo Canada will fund (budget permitting) the participation of athletes on the 2013 Cadet World Championships Team as follows:
- Partially funded: Athletes with “E” standard’’ valid at the time of the 2013 Cadet World Championships.
Selection is conditional to participation (funded and self-funded) in the following mandatory training camps:
1) Cadet National camp (July 8-11, 2013, Vancouver, BC)
2) Pre-World camp (July 29th -August 5, 2013, Montreal, Qc)
Skip post info of “Cadet World Championships Policy” Posted on by Luc Beaudin Categories: News (View all posts in category News)