2016 Veteran World championships in Miami- Informnation
Dear Veteran Canadian judoka,
NOTE: Only current members of Judo Canada can represent Canada abroad.
If you are planning to participate in the 2016 Veteran World championships in Miami please pay attention to the following:
1. All participants and delegates must be in possession of an IJF ID Card and registered for this event in the IJF Registration System (JUDOBASE). This registration can be made only through Judo Canada. To register for the IJF Card and for the event, Judo Canada requires information collected on line at: https://register.beanstream.com/scripts/registration.asp?form=2075 Beside your personal data, and your tournament entry details the form provides you with an opportunity to order Judo Canada track suit which you are obliged to use when representing Canada abroad. Furthermore, the form will calculate the fee that you will have pay via paypal prior to submitting your form. The estimated cost of the IJF card (approx. $50 for two years), cost of the tracksuit and a processing fee. Once Judo Canada receives the IJF cards from their office, You will receive them with your ordered tracksuit via mail.
2. Once you register for this event via the beanstream form, you have to send your Passport quality photo in JPEG (electronic format ) to Andrzej@judocanada.org. Without the photo, registration in the IJF Database is not possible and your request will not be processed.
3. Those participants who need a judogi backpatch(es), you may order them via when emailing your photo or (if you have your IJF card already) independently. In such case provide exact spelling of your name with your order with the number of backpatches ordered. Judo Canada will order these in bulk which drastically reduces the cost of the order (the cost of shipping from the IJF supplier is approximately 20 times higher than the cost of a single item).
4. Judo Canada’s registration of participants via Beanstream as well as requests for a backpatches will conclude on September 31st, 2016. Later request will be charged with an additional rush procession fee of $50 and Judo Canada does not guarantee that back patches ordered after this date will reach you in time.
5. All participants are responsible for their own travel, hotel and insurance arrangements. Judo Canada’s members insurance is not efficient to cover unexpected medical emergency intervention(s) abroad.
6. All participants are responsible for their own tournament entry at : www.WCVJudo.com NOTICE the large increases in entry fees if you register after OCTOBER 7th. Your registration in the JUDO IJF Database is independent from this registration required by the local organizing committee.
7. All pertinent information re the 2016 IJF Veteran World Championships is provided at: http://www.ijfveterans.com/World-Judo-Championships-Veterans-Fort-Lauderdale-Beach/194.html