The Canadian Judo Federation
Judo Canada is the national sport governing body for the sport of judo in Canada and has overall authority to provide leadership in promotion and development as well as govern all aspects of Judo in Canada and to select and prepare Canadian teams for international competition. Judo Canada is a not-for-profit Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association operating under a board of directors elected by provincial / territorial members.
As the national sport governing body, Judo Canada promotes, supports and encourages the implementation of principles promoted by the Long Term Athlete Development Model, and supports Canadian success in high performance judo at the World level.
- Canadian judoka are consistently placing in the top 8 at the World and Olympic/Paralympic level competition.
- Regulations and standards for all aspects of judo are applied consistently for all judoka across Canada.
- Judo Canada has a consistent presence at the Continental and International levels.
- Judo Canada’s membership doubles by year 2016.
- Judo Canada is recognized as one of the World leaders in the popularization of judo programs aimed at disadvantaged populations.
- Judo Canada assists in successful introduction of judo in various education institutions/organizations across the country.
- Judo Canada is working in collaboration will all other Canadian sport institutions in support of the Integrated Canadian Sport System as proposed by the Canadian Sport Policy.
- Judo is recognized by the Canadian Sport Community as one of the sports contributing to the development of well rounded athletes.
Values shape our organizational culture, underlie our management philosophy and guide our actions. They are the foundation upon which our vision, goals, and strategies are developed. Judo Canada recognises the following values as fundamental to the achievement of its mission:
- Sportsmanship and fair play
- Safe environment
- Excellence of judo programs offered across Canada.
- Positive leadership and respect for others
© 2017 Canadian Kodokan Black Belt Association, All rights reserved