Date of birth: October 12, 1993
Weight division: 73 kg
Height: 180 cm
Hometown: Paris, France
Residence: Montreal, Quebec
Current Judo Club: Shidokan
Training place: Judo Canada National Training Centre at INS-Québec in Montreal
Photos cc Rafal Burza & Tom Taylor: Album Arthur Margelidon
- 2019 – Grand Slam Abu Dhabi – Silver medalist
- 2018 – IJF World Masters – Silver medalist
- 2017 – Grand Slam Tokyo – Silver medalist
- 2016 – Pan American Champion
- He started judo when he was 6 years old, encouraged by his father, who himself has been a passionate judoka his entire life.
- Arthur enjoys the sport because it allows him to push his limits and forces him to constantly improve.
- Arthur qualified for the Olympic Games in Rio in 2016, unfortunately he broke his wrist during training shortly before the event and could not participate in the games.
- Arthur is particularly proud of his silver medal at the 2017 Grand Prix in Hohhot and of having defeated the two-time world champion and Olympic medallist Riki Nakaya.
- 2018 was a successful year for Arthur, he won two bronze medals in Grand Prix (Cancun and Budapest) and two 5th place finishes at the Paris and Tokyo Grand Slam.
- His goal is to win a medal at the upcoming World Championships and Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Studies Kinesiology at l’Université de Montréal
- He loves playing hockey, he often plays with his friends when he has free time.
- Loves to play videos games
- Nickname: Arthy
- Favourite food: Japanese food, sushi especially
- Favourite TV show: Two and a half men, Friends
- Hobby: Hockey
- Phobia: Height and being stuck in a small space
- Good luck charm: my belt knot
- Guilty Pleasure: Sugar
- Hidden talents: make the best Instagram stories within the national team athletes
- Proudest accomplishment: Qualifying for 2016 Rio Olympics Games
- Favourite sports team: Canadiens de Montréal
- Favourite music: Frank Sinatra & Country
For the entire list of Arthur’s results, please consult his JudoInside page.
© 2017 Canadian Kodokan Black Belt Association, All rights reserved