Date of birth: February 22, 1993
Weight division: 81 kg
Height: 176 cm
Hometown: Sept-Îles, Québec
Residence: Montreal, Quebec
Judo Club: Académie de Judo de Sept-Îles inc.
Training place: Judo Canada National Training Centre at INS-Québec in Montreal
Photos cc Rafal Burza & Tom Taylor: Album Étienne Briand
- 2019 – Pan American Championships – Silver medalist
- 2017 & 2019 – Grand Slam Ekaterinburg– Bronze medalist
- 2017 – Grand Prix Cancun – Silver medalist
- 2016 – Grand Prix Qingdao – Bronze medalist
- He took up judo at the age of seven. At the time, he hoped to one day be able to beat his father, a black belt.
- His main objective is to medal at the World Championships and Olympic Games.
- What Étienne loves about judo, even more than the results, is the feeling of throwing an opponent on the tatami. To do that, he draws inspiration from his idol, boxing champion Mohamed Ali, whose determination he admires.
- When Étienne is not training or studying, he likes travelling, going to the movies and reading.
For the entire list of Etienne’s results, please consult her JudoInside page.
© 2017 Canadian Kodokan Black Belt Association, All rights reserved