Date of birth: May 9, 1990
Weight division: 70 kg
Height: 170 cm
Hometown: Whitby, Ontario
Residence: Boston, USA
Judo Club: Formokan Judo Club
Training place: Pedro’s Judo Center Personal coaches: Jimmy Pedro & Travis Stevens
Photos cc Rafal Burza & Tom Taylor: Album Kelita Zupancic
- 2013 – Grand Slam Baku – Gold medalist
- 2014 – Grand Slam Tokyo – Bronze medalist
- 2013 & 2017 – Grand Slam Paris – Silver medalist
- 2016 – Olympic Games – 7th
- 3 times Pan American champion (2010,2013,2015)
- Judo is a family affair for the Zupancics. Kelita was introduced to the sport by her father, a fifth-degree black belt, and to this day, she sees her parents as her idols. She is immensely grateful for how they helped her get where she is today, and dreams of one day inspiring the athletes that will come after her.
- At the top of the list of Kelita’s accomplishments are her two Olympic participation: London in 2012 and Rio in 2016, where she finished in 7thplace. Her next goal is clear: she wants to bring home the under 70 kg gold medal from Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Kelita loves how judo allows her to travel all around the world, meeting wonderful people and making special memories. When she is not training, she is interested in fashion and movies, and she also enjoys reading.
• Nickname: Zupi
• Favourite food: Sushi
• Proudest accomplishment: The Olympic Games
For the entire list of Kelita’s results, please consult her JudoInside page.
© 2017 Canadian Kodokan Black Belt Association, All rights reserved